If you are looking through our website, you'll find that we offer 3 CB/Ham antenna mounting kits.
1. UltraMount Kit
This is the most OEM-like kit we have with the bracket and wiring completely concealed within the license plate assembly. The only visible part of the install is the coupler that you screw your antenna into.
2. GateMount Kit
This is out tailgate-mounted antenna kit. The bracket is made of 1/4" thick solid stainless steel. It gives you both the best contact (for grounding) while also being resistant to rusting and corrosion.
3. Firestik CB Antenna Kit
This kit is intended for Jeeps where you already have a 1/2" hole mounting location. Antenna mounts are often included as part of aftermarket bumpers or tire carriers. Consider this the "generic kit".
This Cool Tech LLC GateMount Kit is a COMPLETE CB antenna solution with every element designed specifically for the new Jeep.
This is the heaviest duty, most versatile CB antenna mount available for the 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler. There is NO DRILLING required and the entire install will take just a few minutes. The heavy ¼” construction provides an extremely rigid mounting plane and mitigates antenna “wag” caused from thinner mount materials. Stainless steel material was chosen because you don’t need to paint or powdercoat it to protect it. Other brackets – either painted or powdercoated, will have to be sanded or ground down at BOTH the mounting location to the tailgate AND where the antenna mounts to the bracket. The good news is that after you grind off the paint or powdercoating, you will have a good electrical ground. The bad news is that you have now compromised the coating and the bracket is susceptible to rust and corrosion. The GateMount not only uses superior (and more expensive) stainless material, it is also much thicker than other mounts.
Another KEY differentiator of the GateMount is that unlike other mounts, this mount can be used in several different orientations. This allows you to optimize the fit for YOUR Jeep and provides you the capability to CHANGE the orientation as your needs change or as you make modifications to your Jeep.
The GateMount can be mounted either to the left or right side of your OEM tire carrier. In addition, if overall antenna is or becomes a concern, the new GateMount can be mounted upside down to effectively lower the antenna height by ~7.5”.
Other mounts give you only a single mounting orientation yet there are a multitude of different tires, rims, and antenna height requirements. The new all-stainless GateMount gives you the maximum amount of flexibility.
This kit is for you if you're looking for an easy-to-install, tailgate-mounted CB/Ham antenna kit. We also offer the UltraMount CB/Ham Antenna Kit for those that prefer a more OEM-like appearance with the connections and wiring completely concealed inside of the rear license plate assembly.
The GateMount is a little easier to install and you can also install two of them - one on each side of the tire carrier if you want to run multiple antennas.
Everything you need is included and each part has been planned to facilitate an easy installation and years of trouble-free service. With traditional CB mounts, it is frequently a challenge to route the coax into the vehicle. Done improperly, this can cause leaks, wind noise and just plain ugly aesthetics. With the GateMount, the coax is quickly routed into the tailgate via a factory grommet immediately adjacent to the mount (see pictures). But routing an antenna coax is a pain too, right? Not so with the GateMount. The routed end of the coax is shipped with a trick mini-UHF connector which is almost the same small diameter as the coax itself. Follow the highly illustrated instructions (included) and route this coax end through the factory grommet that is literally within a few inches of where the GateMount is mounted. After routing the coax up to the dash, simply screw the UHF to PL-259 adapter (included) onto the end of the coax. NO SOLDERING!! Included in this complete kit is a very unique, all stainless steel CB/Ham antenna mount, a FireStik FireFly FL-4 4' fiberglass antenna (with tunable tip), 18' coax and connectors, and detailed instructions for installing it in your new 2007+ Wrangler. The mount fits all 2-door and 4-door 2007+ Wranglers!
All aspects of the GateMount have been carefully engineered for ease of installation and years of reliable service. Quite simply, this is one of the best mounts available for the 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler.
The GateMount Kit is in stock.
Shipping Information: The GateMount Kit ships via FedEx Ground. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for international or express shipping inquiries.
- Stainless Steel Bracket - Some vendors offer brackets in less expensive steel construction with a powder coated finish. The problem with quality powder coats is that they are a very effective insulator. Fundamentally, an antenna bracket needs to provide a good conduct to ground. The GateMount's all stainless construction combines superior conductivity along with proven longevity.
- The GateMount is a complete kit. You do not have to shop separately for a mount, mounting hardware, coax, and antenna and then hope everything works well together. Some antenna are too heavy for some mounts and other antennas may be too thin and can "wag" continuously when your jeep is at speed. The UltraMount kit is packaged with one of FireStik's most recent antennas and has been tested under all conditions on a Jeep Wrangler JK.
- The included Firestik FireFly antenna is a state-of-the-art 4' fiberglass shaft antenna with a tunable tip. With the GateMount kit you can tune the SWR reading to a very, very low level allowing you to get the maximum range from your CB. (Note: If you prefer to use an antenna you already have, select the "No Ant." option when ordering and we will credit $10 back to your method of purchase prior to shipping.)
- The best coax & connectors - Often times, mounting the antenna is only half the battle with traditional antenna installations. A challenging task is to find a suitable location to route the antenna wire and to thread it through sometimes challenging areas. This has been solved with the GateMount. On one end of the cable you have FireStik's revolutionary FireRing. On the opposite end, the coax has a mini-UHF connector. Route the coax using the supplied instructions (super easy!) and simply screw on the supplied PL-259 adapter. No Soldering!
- Detailed, highly color- illustrated instructions - Each GateMount is shipped with detailed, highly illustrated instructions. Mounting your new antenna and routing the cable up to your CB should take no more than 30 minutes!
- Unique, solid stainless steel CB/Ham antenna mount.
- FireStik FireFly FL-4 4' fiberglass antenna (with tunable tip)
- 18' coax and connectors. FireRing on Antenna-end and a mini-UHF connector on the other end
- Detailed instructions